Hi-VisUK is delighted to offer a range of services designed to meet the needs of organisations and individuals who come into contact with people with DSI.
We can offer training and support tailored to the needs of customer facing teams across all sectors and to people with DSI, their family members and carers.
With training starting at less than £30 per person, training that is flexible to fit around your schedules, training that really works, why not contact us to discuss your requirements.
If you would like to talk with us about providing a direct service to your DSI customers on your behalf please do get in touch using the link below or complete the form on our contact page.
Local Authority Adult Social Care
As a Local Authority are you Care Act compliant regarding DSI? Are your people DSI trained to at least level three?
We can offer a range of tailored advice, accredited training, support and other services to help you become compliant:
- Specialist Deafblind Assessor training for social work professionals.
- E-learning and blended learning options – talk with us about an exclusive secure web address for your LA.
- A review of your sensory provision including DSI and Care Act compliance.
- Support for the named director responsible for meeting the statutory requirements of the Act.
- CPD and workforce development needs around DSI with our unique accredited training and workshops.
- Access to our DSI Identification and Specialist Assessment tools.
- Supported deafblind self-assessment – working with individuals.
- Market shaping – working with your local providers to increase DSI support is a Care Act requirement.
- Carrying out specialist deafblind assessments on your behalf.
- Provide full rehabilitation assessments with a written report and recommendations.
- Offer DSI expertise, experience and advice to your team with our level six qualified staff.
To find out more about how we can work with you, support your compliance with the Care Act and other regulatory guidance, please get in touch.
Health Care Providers
As a NHS healthcare provider, as a commissioned healthcare provider, a GP group or practice, a Pharmacy, are you making the most of your people?
Do your policies, procedures and practice comply with the Care Act and expectations from your regulators? Do you meet the NHS Information Standard?
As people live longer more and more of your patients / clients will have a level of DSI that affects their mobility, their ability to access important information and to communicate.
Many of them will be unknown to you but are using your services everyday. Yet you are in a prime position to help identify a person with undiagnosed DSI and play your part in effect triage to social care advice and guidance. If they, and you, don’t know how DSI is affecting them it can affect key tasks such as their ability to manage medication or to make and attend appointments. Knowing how to work together with your local authority for people with DSI can make a world of difference.
Without DSI awareness and skills person-centred health care and health care services become more difficult.
Our bespoke services can include advising you on colour design and lighting and environmental noise to make the most of your patients and clients residual sight and hearing.
It can include vital and practical guidance on room layout and information design to help ensure you meet the everyday needs of every one in your care.